A downloadable game for Windows
Roguebot Arena was created for the GMS2Jam with GameMaker Studio 2.
It is a turnbased roguelike where you have to guide your robot through a maze of arena rooms to find the exit teleporting you away from here!
The game is full of 8x8 pixel programmer's art and terrible blips and blops but offers a lot of stuff under the hood:
- random maze generation for replayability,
- random room generation where tilemaps and collision grids are filled on the fly with GML code,
- basic weapon system with weapon damage, range and energy consumption (currently 2 different weapons are added as an example),
- stupid bots and annoying spawners to complicate your robot's life,
- turn based movement system with expandable behavior for your own bots - just one action to implement new behavior,
- simple flexible menu system
- and the source code is provided for your amusement ;-)
Click download now to get access to the following files: